Effective Rodent Control (Rats & Mice)
We provide combination of methods for effective rodent control(also called rat control). The success lies in identifying the type whether it is roof rat or house mouse or sewer rat etc. Accordingly, suitable sized glue traps, different solid and liquid baits, rat cages, ultrasonic machines are used. Their hiding and nesting places are different, entry points everything differs. Our experienced inspectors never compromises on spending time to understand and plan your control measures so that your rodent control is effective, economical and no unnecessary use of pesticides.
Damages by Rodents
There is a long history of mice and men. They have featured in many stories, comics and cartoons over the years. Mice like to chew on wood and concrete and their nests are dangerous sources that act as a warm invitation to other pests towards your home. The biggest danger posed by rats is that they can chew up your electrical wires and cause irrevocable damage by causing short circuits. The world is witness to them and their dangerous potential, and testifies to the fact that they are the cause of countless fire related disasters. Hospitals, Malls, Government and commercial buildings have been victim to their destructive prowess and many people have been left homeless and ruined because of them. This signifies the importance of rodent control. When we say rats, mostly we mean roof rats or black rats which are quite notorious.
The behavioral difference between rats and mice is like the difference between caution and curiosity. If a rodent control strategy to trap them has to be made, then these differences need to be properly understood. Rats are always cautious and careful and are never too curious to go near new things too quickly, thus to lure them one would have to pre bait them and gain their trust and work with a lot of patience. On the other hand, mice are very curious creatures and therefore are very easily captured, they are easily enamored by new things that attract their stomachs and they forget everything in its excitement and get caught. If the mouse is not caught within days of setting the trap then you should assume that the trap is in the wrong place and there is no mouse in that area.
It is easy to find a rat’s nest by following the tracks of the holes it leaves behind. First one should determine whether there are any signs on bricks, wood, tiles etc. Rats and mice have three basic requirements of food, water and shelter. We have to start from here for an effective rodent control.
20% of the world’s food and drink is ruined by mice and rats which they eat and shed their fur and make it unsuitable for consumption by people. They cause vast amounts of damage to books, Documents, Food and drink sources, furniture and various electronic equipment and even get into the foundations of buildings by burrowing holes into it and make it weaker.
They are a major threat to health and safety by spreading various diseases among people and their pets. They bite and spread mites, tics and lice from one place to another and cause people to fall sick. They spread various kinds of diseases such as Bubonic plague, Rat-Bite-Fever, Leptospirosis, Trichinosis, Jaundice, Rat-Mite-Dermatitis, Salmonella, Pulmonary Fever and Typhoid.
If there is a newly born baby, their cries alert you to their needs. Mice and rats go and bite them because of milk that would have been spilt by them or around them to which they are attracted. If the child is completely well cleaned then the risk of bite is a lot less. To minimize the risk make sure that after the child has been fed, it is thoroughly cleaned and washed so that mice are not attracted to it. The same care must be taken for injured, handicapped and elderly people in the house. And you must have rodent control from trained professionals. It is not about using glue traps or rodent baits but a skilled and trained person has to put all his experience behind an effective rodent control plan.
Preventive Steps against Rodents
- They are “crepuscular” in nature which means that they are most active at dawn, which means that the ideal time to catch them is midnight.
- Rats are warm blooded creatures, therefore the temperature should not be more than 4 degrees Celsius or 40 degrees Fahrenheit. To trap them one must synthesize the ideal conditions for them and they will surely be attracted to come there.
- Rats and Mice have very weak eyesight and it is even weaker during the day. Humans can see three primary colors, red, green and blue with ease even from a great distance, but to a rat’s eye it is all blurry, they are colour blind and their understanding of depth perception is zero. This is why rat’s are always moving adjacent to walls.
- Besides the vision impairment, their senses of smell, touch and hearing is very strong. Mice use their whiskers to thoroughly understand their surroundings and make a detailed survey of their surrounding area. Their whiskers contract and expand and make a map of the objects, floor, walls and other mice in the surrounding area. Their whiskers are much more sensitive than the tips of our fingers.
Unique Offer from Indian Pest Control for effective Rodents Control
- At Indian Pest Control, we provide number of unique, safe and very easy to use solutions.
- Our rodent management practices includes 4 line of defence wherein, we use tamper proof bait stations for outside and multiple trapping methods (non-toxic & safe material)for inside. We have all kinds of rodent traps.
- We also offer unique rodent control solution without chemicals and with minimum energy cost. These unique solutions utilize electronic technology to drive away pests with proven effectiveness. The technology used is Electronic Repellent Systemwhich generates an electromagnetic cloud, producing discomfort in the plague. This situation of extreme stress ends up forcing the abandonment of the treated sites, and ensures repellence against new nesting attempts. This technological innovation provides:
- Field of activity greater than any other methods.
- Do not require further intervention by operators.
- Easily manageable.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Rodents cannot get accustomed to its effects.
- No visual damage to the facades and buildings.
- Harmless to all living things that are not the target.
- Fully integrated with other pest control processes.